Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DIY: Painted Clutch

Happy New Year folks!  I am so happy about this project.  Every Christmas holiday I like to find a craft to do with my mother-in-law when she visits for 2 weeks.  I was determined to get this one done.  A few months back my mom sent me a few of her old clutch purses from her DIVA days in the 1970's and 80's.  See her a few pics from those days in my June 2011 blog posting here: Tribute to my Mother! I started re-do's of two of them (one gray and one black), but this one (the black one) far outweighs the other.  I still have some more work to do in the creative department for the gray clutch.  When I am done I will post about it.  As far the black one goes, I was able to capture the process below.  I must give credit to my inspiration for the idea. It came from a blog called Handbag Heaven I stumbled upon.


original clutch-purse from my Mom's 1970s collection

inside of the clutch

taped using painters tape, first layer painted using foam paint brush and glitter paint

first few coats of paint drying

FINISHED with clear sealant and ready for use

toodles...

No comments:

Post a Comment