Friday, August 12, 2011

the beginning of a beautiful friendship, J. Crew

(patting myself on the back!)

You would not believe how quick of a study I am.  I am really trying to grasp this fashion stuff. (insert serious face).  My previous post was about me wanting to put together a "lookbook".  Well I am getting pretty darn close with this one; although I am not sure if a lookbook can consist of only two pics.  I am going to play it safe and refer to this one as "a look" that I am going to duplicate from J. Crew.


So when I was sent this advertisement from J. Crew with this look in the body of the email.  My learnings set in immediately.


On a visit to my mom's, I went vintage shopping through her handbags and to my surprise she gave me some of her best Italian leather bags that I called "page-boy" bags (correct me on this one).  I have had them in my possession for a few months now but hadn't quite figured out how to sport them.

Take a look at my version:

Shoes: BCBG from Nordstrom Rack
Handbag: gifted from my mother's vintage collection

Shoes: purchased from Turnstyle consignment shop

So what do you think?  Did I pull the duplication off?  Well, I am giving myself an A+ for this one!

Toodles...

No comments:

Post a Comment